Saturday, January 28, 2012

Kids!, finally

Welcome, kids! (Left to right: Metro, Emmilye, & Erin.)
On this Winnie-the-Pooh oh-so-very-blustery day, the goat gals greeted us with triplets this morning. Miss Pamela, who had been growing bigger and bigger and bigger for weeks now, delivered three healthy kids before dawn and had them up and dried by the time I trundled out.

That's Erin in the foreground and Emmilye behind her.
They had already had their colostrum, but were not averse to suckling a bit more while I watched. Guardian Luther came in to be sure all was under control, leaving after he'd policed and approved the stall space.

I hung some TekFoil insulation over much of the doorway to cut the whistling wind. The bigger kids, Shea and Taylor, "helped" by trying to climb the silver mass while I was hanging it. If enthusiasm were all that was needed, they would be winners for sure.

Pamela sees to her newest offspring.
Dam Pamela stood for my nosing about, even handling her and the kids. It's uncanny how the new moms know that I'm there to help, especially when--like Pamela--they are usually standoffish with me.

Now we're waiting on Marcie to deliver. Her sides have become impossibly stretched of late.

No comments: