Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Someone's Watching Over Me

The sun shines through the cloud cover on a February morning.
Here is an entry about life beyond the farm.

This morning I decided to run errands before heading in to Nashville for an appointment. At the end of our road, I admired the sun breaking through the clouds. The light spilling through gave the effect of a brighter place beyond the clouds--much like one sees in the paintings of Thomas Kinkade. Perhaps such light is evidence of God smiling down upon our world; perhaps not. Either way, I pulled over to snap a photo then went on my way.

After running errands, I got on the highway two exits before where I usually do. Immediately after pulling off the ramp and into traffic, my car began acting strangely--swerving of its own accord. "Uh oh," I thought, noting that the next exit was just two miles down the road. When I pulled off of the highway, I bypassed a gas station and rolled on down the street to Rose Tire & Service. We take all of our auto business to them because they work quickly, do quality repairs, and charge fair prices. Plus, they are honest and friendly.

They showed me why this would be the day for my car to get new tires, and ordered a set for the car to come in this afternoon. After driving home to change vehicles and continue on with my day, I recalled the sun as I had seen it breaking through the clouds, and mused about why on this particular morning I had changed my usual pattern and entered the highway above the Rose Tire exit.

My mother used to tell me, "There's a Providence who looks out for fools, drunks, and missionaries' children." To that I add missionaries' grandchildren, for that would be me. Thank you, Providence, for looking out for me.

No comments: