Tuesday, October 13, 2009

So Long, Sweet Nadege



The first pup of our two litters to be named was Nadege, the only all-white Pyr pup. When I couldn't tell the others apart, already Nadege was easy to identify. Smart, like all Pyrs I've met, she understood that she had a name and it was "Nadege." Before the pups were even walking, she responded to hearing her name.

Her name was an outgrowth of variations of "white" and "snow" beginning in Blanc, Blanca, Bianca,then Neige, and finally Nadege. Some years back I had the pleasure of mentoring a young mother by the name of Nadege. The name appealed to me and stuck in the back of my mind. The little white pup provided the opportunity to finally use that name.

Puppy Nadege moved on a week ago today, leaving P&CW Farm for Angel Acres Alpacas in Manchester, Tennessee. During the time her new family and I chatted on the porch, Miss Nadege formed an attachment. By the time they departed for Angel Acres this gal was smitten, and with good reason--the folks at Angel Acres clearly value the animals in their lives.

We are thrilled to have her going to such a good home, where she'll have her own alpacas from the start.

No comments: